Monday 9 April 2007

Downhill All The Way


Well, surprisingly we all managed our first-ever skiing holiday without injury. That is, if you exclude my pain of acknowledging that I am to skiing what worms are to juggling. Plus, that both my kids could (literally) run rings around me by the end of day two. Mrs Evans fared better, even getting a few runs under her belt.

We had a great time, met some super people, and hopefully we'll get to it again one day.

A big thank you to all the folks on the trip who so generously supported the bike ride. I'm also determined to do my bit with the hat to get those double pledges. Expect a post soon with me modelling the hat, just as soon as Gill posts it to me from Winchmore Hill.

3 comments:

db said...

Hat is on its way, just as soon as I get to the post office

Ant said...

I've heard that a raw steak down the (back of) cycling shorts helps with the comfort and gives the added bonus of a tenderised steak to cook at the end of the day. That'll give you something to think about after 30 miles on the second day. I presume you are going to cycle to China after this warm up.

All the best
Ant

ibusby said...

Glad you survived your trip to the piste. With the benefit of all that altitude training, you'll go twice as quick!