Friday 23 March 2007

Why the big ride?

As I mentioned back at the beginning, my wife Jo and I are adoptive parents to two Chinese girls; Ruby Xing Xing (4), and Kate Ling Xian (6). They are a delight and so richly reward the love, patience, and time we have been fortunate enough to give them. We are blessed to be their 'forever family'.

Every year thousands of Chinese babies, mostly girls, are unable to be kept by their birth parents and many end up in orphanages, or 'Social Welfare Institutes'. These are, in the main, staffed by hard working and dedicated staff, who make the best of very limited resources.

Nick and I are riding to raise awarenss of the plight of China's orphans and to support a charity that works to improve their lives. 'Love Without Boundaries' is a group of volunteers who run medical, surgical, nutrition, education, and foster programs. Like Nick and I, they pay their own way and every penny we raise goes directly into improving the lives of China's forgotten children. You can see more at http://www.lovewithoutboundaries.com/.

Nick's wife, Arlene Howard, is currently in China with Love Without Boundaries, and I hope to post some of her photos on the blog when she gets home.

3 comments:

lara said...

your girls are beautiful!!

Lester said...

Yes, we are very lucky!

Abas KS said...

Hi, Lester.

Sweet blog & content.

The civic minded content of your blog is noble & has good intentions.

I can help promote your blog for free.

Also, we have a group of bloggers & website designers etc discussing about similar interests.

It is like an online skill building workshop.

Kindly visit:

aisubscribe.blogspot.com

& contact me about it.

p/s: You should get your blog monetized (Google adsense etc). I can help you with it too.

You be healthy.